Monday 13 December 2010

Character Profiles

I have created my characters so that my audience can relate to them, this is in keeping with the Uses and Gratifications theory and adds a sense of verisimilitude to my film opening.

Name: Sam Parker
Age: 24
Lives: London
Occupation: Banking Clerk

Sam is your average joe man who has an average job, average car and an average house. He lives with his girlfriend Alex who he met in secondary school and they both work in London. By using an average character, my audience members can relate to him and emphasise with him.

Name: Alex Summers
Age: 24
Lives: London
Occupation: Journalist

Alex is also an average women, who has had a normal education and went to university. She lives with her longterm boyfriend which is quite similar in young coulpes throughout the UK and they both live in a nice home.

I would like to cast character like Tom and Summer in 500 Days Of Summer because i feel they look down to earth compared to glamorous actors and actresses like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. This is so my audience can relate to my characters and emphasise with them. (Left, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Right, Zooey Deschanel)

No comments:

Post a Comment